To maintain the structural integrity and value of your commercial property, you’ll want to make sure it’s protected against inclement weather all year round. This is easy enough to do–you just need to keep your roofing system in tip-top shape. Prompt repair and maintenance will do, but when the system has sustained extensive damage, whether by age or a major weather event, the better and smarter solution is replacement.
Before getting started on the project, however, make sure you have every essential covered. Sterling Exteriors, the premier outdoor living and commercial roofing company in the area, lists some of them here:
- Take your budget into account. By understanding the limit of your available budget, you’ll be able to prioritize your commercial roofing needs. Not every replacement roof costs the same time. Roofing material, warranty coverage, possible roof repair (to deal with previously undiscovered damage prior to installation), labor costs, plus miscellaneous charges all go into the total roof replacement costs. Talk to your choice of roofer to discuss the best way to get the roof you need within your budget constraints.
- Consider financing programs. If you can pay the full amount of your roof replacement in one go, then that’s great. But if not, there are still many ways to finance your project. Credit cards, personal loans, and contractor financing offer flexible and convenient modes of payment not just for your commercial roof replacement, but other upgrades like siding and window installation, as well. Read up on your available options and choose the one that suits your needs and credit situation.
- Decide on a good roofing material. The longevity and performance of your new commercial roof will depend on your choice of material. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Built-Up Roofing (BUR). A tried and proven option that has been around for decades, BUR is composed of three or more layers of fiberglass membrane coated with hot asphalt, plus a surface layer of aggregate to help protect your building from weather, ultraviolet (UV) rays, and mechanical damage.
- Modified Bitumen. Another common option for low-slope roofing, modified bitumen is impervious to heavy roof traffic, punctures, and tears. It combines hot asphalt with plastic and rubber additives, which are layered between sheets of polyester or fiberglass. How long a modified bitumen roofing can last is affected by the number of layers installed.
- EPDM. Also called rubber roofing, EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) is known for its durability. Because of its varied applications, including fully adhered, ballasted, and mechanically fastened, EPDM can be installed on just about any roof surface.
- PVC and TPO Single-Ply. PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is a tough roofing option that can be used in both homes and commercial properties. Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) is a newer heat-welded option that is just as sturdy as PVC but is more reasonably priced. It can also reflect solar heat effectively, making it a perfect option for energy-conscious building managers. Both PVC and TPO are visually appealing, lightweight, and resistant to wear.
- Metal. Sleek and extremely durable despite its lightness, metal roofing remains a favorite among Ohio commercial property managers. This roofing option can last up to 50 years–or longer with proper installation and maintenance–and is highly resistant to fire, water, wind, and impact resistance. When applied with reflective coatings, metal roofing can also help keep your utility costs to a minimum.
- Think about maintenance. It’s never too early to think about the upkeep of your new commercial roof. Once it’s installed, you’ll want to schedule a thorough inspection a few times a year to catch warning signs of damage. Investing in prompt roof repair will also make a huge difference to its overall condition, helping extend your system’s life and retain its good performance.
Sterling Exteriors can help you with this. We are the go-to choice for comprehensive roof maintenance programs in the Cincinnati area. Headed by our commercial roofing expert, our trained and skilled crew will perform a full assessment of your roof’s condition and, should we discover any problems, recommend the necessary repairs to keep the system in good shape.
Commercial Roof Replacement and Maintenance by Sterling Exteriors
Given how a new commercial roofing system is a huge deal, you won’t want to leave its installation to just anybody. Make sure to work with some reliable and experienced, like Sterling Exteriors. Whether it’s outdoor living solutions or commercial roof replacement, you are always sure that we’ll deliver the best results. In fact, we remain one of the top roofing and exterior renovation companies in the area because we are:
- Fully licensed, bonded, and insured company. Sterling Exteriors has the necessary licenses that make us qualified to perform residential and commercial roofing services in your area. We also carry proof of insurance, including liability coverage and workers’ compensation, for your greater protection. Just ask and we’ll be more than happy to show you our credentials.
- Experienced. For over 15 years, Sterling Exterior has provided Cincinnati homeowners and property managers with the highest quality roofing services. Our pride in exceeding your expectations is reflected in both our superior workmanship and incomparable customer service. We can work with a wide range of commercial roofing options, including built-up, modified bitumen, metal, asphalt shingles, and single-ply membranes. When you turn to us for your roof repair or commercial roof replacement, you’re sure the project will be finished to safety and quality specifications. No shortcuts, no callbacks–just a properly repaired or installed system that can provide decades of reliable performance.
- Customer-Centric. Sterling Exteriors seeks to meet our customer’s standards always. No job is too big or too small for us–we’ll give both the full attention they deserve. Our conscientious and personalized service is one of the reasons we are recognized by the Better Business Bureau® with an A+ Rating. We also take pride in the fact that we are a referral on Angie’s List based on the scores and feedback from our satisfied customers. If you need a list of references to check the quality of our work, we’ll be right on it.
- Certified. As a GAF® Certified Weather Stopper® contractor, Sterling Exteriors offer only some of the toughest and most versatile shingle roofing systems available today. These are also backed by solid warranties that add an extra layer of protection to your investment.
Few roofing contractors can provide the unmatched services offered by Sterling Exteriors. Whether you need a siding installation or commercial roof replacement, we’ll make sure the process runs smoothly from start to finish. Your complete satisfaction is one of our top priorities, after all. We serve the areas in and around Milford, Anderson Township, and Newtown, OH. Call us today at (513) 685-8055 or fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation.